On May 21, Muhammad Alam, General Manager, Dynamics 365 for Finance & Operations at Microsoft, published an article entitled, “Happy 2nd Anniversary to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.” In Alam’s post, he indicated that, on the same day, “James Philip, CVP of Business Applications, shared details of our Spring 2018 release, including version 8.0 of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.” He continued: “With the Spring release, we have reached the two-year mark of the Finance and Operations initial availability to the market. As I thought about the work that has gone into this release, I wanted to take a moment to thank our customers and highlight what we have accomplished in these first two years.”
According to Alam: “With the introduction of Finance and Operations, we delivered a new, modern service that shifts from being just a system of record to a system of intelligence. We help customers share information within their organization and across their supply chain by delivering real-time intelligence and actionable, predictive insights to keep business’ competitive using embedded Power BI analytics, Cortana intelligence, and advanced IoT and machine learning technologies.”
He then cited the following highlights of the solutions over the past two years:
- Over 50 role-based insightful, customizable workspaces.
- Built 1,200 pre-defined business process flows.
- Offer over 20 Power BI content packs.
- Created task-based guided experience.
- Flexible and agile financial reporting.
- Flexible deployment options–Cloud, on-premises, and cloud + edge.
- Delivered localizations and regulatory updates across 34 countries and 41 languages.
- Move from over-layering to extensions.
- Increased our financially-backed Service Level Agreement (SLA) to 99.9%.
- Commitment to achieving and maintaining the industry certifications that our customers need to support their business needs.
- Launched, then expanded our FastTrack service for Finance and Operations.
- Rapidly growing Finance and Operations partner solutions.
- Enabled seamless, connected and configurable business processes.
- We are committed to Finance and Operations being ready for the May 25, 2018 enactment of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
“And,” according to Alam, “the momentum continues… we believe we are just getting started.” He wrote, “Our North Star is to drive continuous innovation that helps our customers achieve true digital transformation.”
Contact Queue Associates for More Information
Please contact Queue Associates (a Microsoft Dynamics Gold Partner) to learn more about our services surrounding Microsoft Dynamics 365 For Finance and Operations, and other complimentary Microsoft solutions (including upgrades to new Microsoft Dynamics services). You can reach us by completing the form on our CONTACT page, or by calling +44 020 7549 1606.